6.30.2005

Spent the evening at the annual summer concert at Fort Reno where I found more enjoyment in watching the kids pinwheel their arms around and dance like maniacs and zoning out watching the fireflies (or lightening bugs, if you prefer) flit and flicker in the park than I did listening to the Evens. Don't get me wrong; I think Ian MacKaye is a fantastic artist and Amy Farina has a decent enough singing voice when she sings solo, but Ian's attempts at soprano singing and Amy's whispery spoken word is not the kinda stuff I wanna listen to when I wanna rock out. Now those Sleater Kinney girls I heard shredding last weekend? Intense.

Anyway, for the upcoming holiday weekend, it's wagons west for yours truly. Y'all behave while I'm gone. Savvy? I'll leave you with a quote from Annie Hall that is apropos to nothing but makes me smile:

There's an old joke. Uh, two elderly women are at a Catskills mountain resort, and one of 'em says: "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah. I know." (pause) "And such small portions!"

No comments: