8.30.2004

This weekend, I attended a Ferragosto (an Italian festival held in August to celebrate the end of the summer harvest) in West Virginia. Following John Denver's directions, I drove over the Blue Ridge Mountains, crossed the Shenandoah River, and arrived at the quaint woods of Berkeley Springs which is populated by deer, hawks, bears, and (nearly run over twice by yours truly) snakes. When I arrived, I had barely gotten out of the car before a plate of food was handed to me. Is there a drink zingier and more refreshing than Limonata? I submit that there is not. Ripe cherry tomatoes and fresh mozerella drizzled with olive oil. Bruschetta rubbed with garlic and topped with olive tapenade. Monster plate of pasta with fresh sauce and plenty of parmesean cheese. Mmmmm . . . drool.

If I had not been busy stuffing my face full of Italian food, I might have entered into the D.C. National Rock Paper Scissors Tournament!

No comments: