8.05.2004

Things That Horrify and Amuse Me at the Same Time
  • Canned Armadillo Meat Soup (saw this at the Korean Korner International Grocery Store the other day).
  • The fact that "Korner" in "Korean Korner" is spelled with a "K".
  • Reaching the bottom of a pint of Haagen Dazs Raspberry Sorbet. By myself. In one sitting. By myself.
  • Knowing what "L.L. Cool J." stands for.
  • "Donnie Darko" is going to be re-released in DC in two weeks and even though LB has it on dee-wee-dee and I've seen it so many times, I'm still going to see it in the theater.
  • Knowing the lyrics to the theme song of "Golden Girls".
  • Watching a guy dig into his right nostril with his right pinkie and occasionally sniffing his pinkie and bringing it to his lips for (no joke) at least fifteen minutes. I kept turning away in disgust but could not help looking back to see if he had stopped. He never did.
  • The fact that this Will Ferrell parody of a George Bush campaign ad is so close to reality (thx, Gunnar).
  • There are exactly thirty days to go until my wedding and I still don't know what my outfit will look like. Or my jewelry. Or how many people are coming. Or whether there will be room enough for me to attend. Or what's going on.

Your turn. What horrifies and amuses you?

No comments: