1.03.2007

Happy New Year and Eid Mubarak, all y'all! Back to work. *insert sound effect of whipping* It's difficult enough getting back into the mode of working after a four-day weekend (combo New Years and National Day of Mourning days off). But add to the mix a bright, sunny day, and only a few more days left until poor wee ZP joins the rush hour melee of the DC working world next week when he begins going to his nanny, and you've got one wistful, sluggish mommy. Alas, my parents are leaving on Sunday and ZP, TP, and I will miss them much. My mother always used to say that whenever we left, it felt like our visits were like a whirlwind and the subsequent quiet was kind of a downer. I know how she feels! And I know ZP will feel it too. He's gotten so used to having constant company, a rotation of adoring adults, a steady flow of attention and personal servants and carriers. I guess he's going to have to toughen up now that he has to share a single person's attention with another baby. I guess I'm going to have to toughen up too. Ah me.

No comments: