1.30.2007

Among the top five reasons I like my job is this: I must, as a matter of course, research stuff like cheese (I wrote a brilliant argument on why someone's trademark was generic for a type of cheese), the Pentagon (I denied the Department of Defense from registering a trademark until they complied with my requests), and the background on names like KITARO:


Kitaro is a yokai boy born in a cemetery, and aside from his mostly-decayed father, the last living member of the Ghost tribe. He is missing his left eye, but his hair usually covers the empty socket. He fights for peace between humans and yokai, which generally involves protecting the former from the wiles of the latter.

Kitaro has an assortment of strange weapons at his disposal, including:

remote-controlled geta sandals
a detachable hand, also remote-controlled
a magic chanchanko vest which can protect its wearer from danger
Spiny hairs which can be shot like arrows
Another hair which can serve as an antenna for detecting spirit activity

No comments: