7.27.2004

Road Trip Mix for Chai:

Maps - Yeah Yeah Yeahs (self explanatory)
Driving in my Car - Geggy Tah ("All I wanna do is to thank you even though I don't know who you are.  You let me change lanes while i was driving in my car.")
Pole Position - Folk Implosion (cuz she's a racecar driver)
Woman Driving, Man Sleeping - Eels (very appropriate for roadtrips)
The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side - Magnetic Fields ("I'm the ugliest guy on the Lower East Side but I've got wheels and you want to go for a ride.")
Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra (of Volkswagen ad fame)
Beautiful Day - U2 ("You're on the road but you've got no destination")
Freedom - George Michael (cuz that's what you feel out on the open road, right?  plus, it's a catchy toon)
There is a Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths ("Driving in your car I never never want to go home")
Fly Me to the Moon - Astrud Gilberto (cuz flyin's sorta like drivin'?)
Car Song - Elastica (duh)
Freedom - Rage Against the Machine (see above re: Freedom)
Go With the Flow - Queens of the Stone Age (just)
Southside - Moby ("I pick up my friends and we start to ride.")
Ride Wit Me - Nelly (duh)
Roam -  B52s (duh)
Country Roads - John Denver (heh heh)
Trogdor - Strong Bad (big finish)


No comments: